FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHO ARE THE PEOPLE BEHIND SOFA?
SOFA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public benefit corporation made up of a diverse, professional membership. Our growing membership includes Attorneys, Financial Advisors, Investment and Insurance Professionals, Realtors, Health and Wellness Experts, and other specialized experts. SOFA members share a common belief that an educated public brings value, not just to the community, but ultimately to our various professions through goodwill and understanding.
2. WHAT, ESSENTIALLY, DOES SOFA DO?
SOFA members go out into the community and speak from their professional knowledge, background, and experience. Typically, SOFA members have the ability to either go to your company or organization’s place of business or conduct online live webinars. SOFA matches up the licensed professional with his or her topic of expertise, so that all attendees may take away valuable pieces of information from the presentation.
3. HOW LONG HAS SOFA BEEN IN EXISTENCE?
SOFA has been in existence since 1993. We have conducted thousands of presentations nationwide and continue to be invited back by our hosting companies/organizations, or asked by many of these same companies to repeat our presentations to their other office locations.
4. WHERE ARE SOFA SEMINARS HELD?
Our company or organization financial education presentations are typically held at the host company or where the organization hold its sessions or meetings. We also have the ability to conduct these presentations via online webinars which are live to encourage engagement through the chat box.
5. SOFA MUST BE SELLING SOMETHING, WHAT IS IT?
SOFA is selling our belief that all individuals should gain and/or maintain their particular financial situation. It's their responsibility - not the company or organization. Our financial education presentations are created for the attendees to become inspired to take control, find out more, use our seminar/webinar content, and possibly establish a “formal” working relationship with any of our presenters to assist them with their specific needs and goals. All of our work comes with no obligation to any of our attendees and/or hosting companies. If attendees wish to take advantage of the opportunity to meet with one of our presenters, for a complimentary consultation, that option will be offered to them.
6. WHAT DOES SOFA CHARGE?
SOFA seminars and webinars are provided at no cost.
7. IF SOFA DOES NOT CHARGE AND ISN'T SELLING PRODUCTS, WHAT’S IN IT FOR SOFA?
Our nonprofit organization is funded by the dues of our members and through philanthropy by inspired individuals, companies, and organizations who wish to make charitable donations to SOFA.
So why are we doing this, and what was the impetus of starting SOFA? Well…take a good look around America! Our schools do not provide financial literacy as a requirement or core curriculum. Our mounting debt in student loans, credit cards, and automobiles is skyrocketing. Divorces over "money issues" are increasing and baby boomers are retiring by the thousands per day with no real financial plan. While these issues continue, the need for continued financial literacy grow every day!
So, in addition to the members paying dues to SOFA, other benefits for SOFA are:
• A gratitude in giving back to people who need our program, our content, our mission, and our subject matter expert presenters.
• An opportunity to possibly, on a first-hand basis, step up and be available for the many employees and individuals who have no idea where to go, or who to consult for their particular financial needs.
• The experience of being part of a much needed movement, and providing financial guidance and assistance to our attendees by answering their needs and presenting solutions to their financial issues.